Thursday, March 20, 2008

1 Week Later




Currently I'm leeching wireless in Taiping Chinese Recreation Club (CRC) and I'm blogging here.
Ahhhh..missed the times I played tennis with my dad and uncles.
Okok..continue with my post....



I went down to Malacca to participate in a team event MMU Open VI. It was on the 14th, 15th and 16th of March. 5 of us including Wen Ping went down on Thursday night and reached there around 10pm.

We met up with the Malacca campus tennis players and had some chit-chat with them before I caught up with Nick with his brand new Proton Saga *envy*

I stayed at Peter's place in Malacca. It was really fun staying at his place. KJ also stayed together and we played PES challenged each other before we get ready for the real match next morning.

I played for MMU first team together with other seniors. I was the youngest there in the team. Our team had been drawn together with Terengganu Sukma team, Maybank and also UTAR. Honestly speaking, we were clearly the second favourite to advance to the QF. But, once again, luck was not on our side, AT ALL.

1st match, MMU Team A played against Terengganu Sukma team. Terengganu was very strong with 4 seasoned ex-circuit players in the team. One of them is an ex junior national player. I partnered Mr Ghazali (ex MMU Cyberjaya FCM lecturer) and played the second men's doubles.

We were the deciding point as our men's singles and 1st men's doubles lost and our mixed doubles and ladies singles won. Too bad Mr. Ghaz and I was rusty in our partnership and gameplay. Eventually we were no match for the Terengganu pair. We lost 2-3. Lack of training pulled me down.

Politics were in the air after that match and seriously, I hate politics. Each time politics cropped into the game, it spoilt the game. Although some of us are quite frustrated with the attitude displayed and the politics which got involved, for me, I personally kept my cool and "played" along with them.

The next match was the tie between MMU Team A vs Maybank. There is one giant-ass-tall-creep ex national player in the Maybank team. He is the tallest Malay guy I've ever seen. (no offence to the Malays). In addition, there is another seasoned circuit player who won MASUM last year for UITM. Yeah, tough draw it turned out to be for our team.

Again I played doubles, this time the 1st men's doubles partnering Mr. Ghaz for the second time and we played against the UITM grad and his partner. I played much better than I did in the 1st match, and I'm proud to say I displayed some fine shots to get some points out from our opponents. *claps* However, again the partnership between Mr. Ghaz and I prove too weak for the opponents as we lost again. It was a close one. Our ladies singles and men's singles lost. We lost 2-3 again.

And that wraps up the whole tourney for our team. We failed to qualify to the QF. Eventhough we beat UTAR, we still can't qualify. To be honest, I was disappointed but nothing that I could do to prevent all this from happening. I did not train as hard as I did last time. Other factors which I mentioned above spoilt the tourney too.

That night after the loss, we went to Newton Hawker Centre in Malacca where we had our dinner feast, to toast our loss? hahaha..Nahhh..we had a great time there. The food....fuuhhh...aweeesooommmee. And there was a man singing throughout our dinner time. Niceee =)

Tried to be Mr. Long Hands again. The food was nice =)

Closer look at the food, for my table.

The singing dude. He played his guitar very well.
He can join Senior Malaysia Idol. *twisted*


Despite the loss, I treat the trip down to Malacca as a holiday trip. My whole family came down to Malacca with the initial intention of watching me play and progress far. Too bad, I'm sorry. After the UTAR match, I bid farewell with my teammates and followed my family go kai-kai.

We had the famous Malaccan Chicken Rice Ball for our lunch. ARGHHH..I was too hungry that I forgot to take some pictures of the renowned restaurant. "Taste with Jason" or something like that, the food programme for Astro AEC been there before. So, it was very the famous. And, no doubt, the food there was AWEEESSSSOOOMMMEEEE. (or maybe I was hungry) but who cares.....thumbs up for that restaurant.

After lunch, my family and I went for a walk in Jonker Street. It was short walk as our parking time was only 1 hour. Here are some random pictures I took while dad was looking through some decorative ships. My dad very the love decorative ships ok...LOL

Enourmous ship. Price? RM 1599. WTF.

My dad held the ship for me. He liked that ship. Cheap and nice.

After the walk at Jonker's, everyone was tired already. So my sis drove us back to PJ, SS 2 where she stays. I was in dreamland throughout the journey back to KL. Damn tired.

That night, my sis took us to the nearby Restoran Murni, a very popular mamak restaurant. The food there, yeah..nice. =) and the restaurant owner must be very the rich, because waves after waves of hungry eaters come to his Restoran Murni, until the owner had to extend the seating places to a few adjacent shop lots. Teruk. =P

The signboard. Too big for me to snap the whole thing. Part 1.

Signboard Part 2.

Too many people already.
It would be awkward if I take out my handphone snap the crowd, right infront of them.
So i pretend wana snap the rocket-looking water tank. LOL


My sis ordered all the "all-time-popular" dishes : Roti Beckham (for me), Lou Xu Fan (for mom), Tom Yam (for dad) and Carbonara (for herself). In the end, everyone got to taste all the dishes. We share-share. =)

The next morning, my sis took us to IKANO Power Centre shopping complex. We went round and there was a car show by NAZA. A few pretty models were there. Too bad my handphone was not functioning that time....waahahaahaha *grins* so no pictures =P

After that all of us went to PET SAFARI..the animal store in IKANO Power Centre. That place is the main attraction in IKANO, besides IKEA which is located nearby. Had the chance to see many...er...living things in the PET SAFARI. haha. Here are the pictures..to summarize everything =)

The entrance sign. It says "The Family Shopping Experience, Even Pets Enjoy"
ohh hoho, pets huh? LOL

Marine watertank section. Saw "Dory" =)

Saw "Nemo"... Gawd, I'm being childish.

Goldfish galore....banyak sial.

This goldfish, hmmm..I wonder how can he see things when his eyes are all covered up. =.=

Erm. Big Prawns. =P

No comment for this SS Iguana. =P

Another star of SS. The parrot.

PET SAFARI offers personal grooming for your pet.
Photography is prohibited, but I managed to curi snap this picture =)

Too bad, I can't snap pictures of the cute puppies and doggies as there were too many PET SAFARI attendants 'guarding' that area.



SO YEAH, that's about it after ONE WEEK. Feel free to leave comments. *packing bag to leave CRC*

Bye =)


p/s: I got this really cool Wilson-sponsored t-shirt and it has my name on it =)

MMU Open VI Wilson t-shirt.
Take a closer look at the white thingie on my right shoulder

*smiles*


No comments: