Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Visit To Penang

This post supposed to be written like er ages ago, but my schedule has been very packed since I came back to MMU after the 1 short week of midterm break.

OK, as promised, this will be the post about the best food I had so far for 2008.

The food post starts.

------------------------------------------------------------

This visit to Penang dated back to 22nd of March. And now is already 5th of April. OMG. Lousy blogger. Anyway, here were the few events during the trip to Penang, one of my favorite places to chill.

My sister came back to Taiping on Thursday (20th March), so we planned to have a short family outing since everyone's back home. Honestly, at this stage, I gotta admit, its hard to get all 4 of us back home together at the same time. Except CNY. =) So yeah, we planned and decided to visit my aunty in Penang. So off we go, to Penang, with the results of election still HOT. LOL.

We stayed at my aunty's place and after we reached Penang, we "chilled" at her house until 5 in the evening. I watched a few episodes of The Amazing Race Asia 2 before that together with my sister. God, Paula is a cute hottie. That's why I started watching TARA 2 *grins*

5.30 pm. We got ready and started our journey to Teluk Kumbar, er somewhere at Bayan Lepas. Is it? I have a bad sense of direction for your info. Anyway, we are heading to Teluk Kumbar Seafood Restaurant. The restaurant is just a normal house-type restaurant, situated by the sea. Nice. "Taste with Jason" once again visited this restaurant before. And I can tell you that Jason was so right about the food there. Simply yummy. I will elaborate more along with the pictures that I took. =)

The photo of Jason and the boss of the restaurant.
I got to know this restaurant through Jason's food show.
So penang-nites out there, next time you go there, tell me and I will tag along =)
*slurrpss*


View of the big wide sea and the fishing boats.
Its been soooo long since the last time I visited the beach =)

My sis was like "Boy..boy..faster take pic of me with the beach and the ocean!!"
With the peace sign. =)


Bro and sis and boat and ocean. All perfect.
Except that I cant smile nicely, holding my small camera single-handedly is tough.
Ahh...I need to train more. =P

The small satay stall beside the restaurant selling my favorite satays for now. =P

All the cooking pros in action at the kitchen.
Or are they just lepak-ing? I curi-curi took this picture, so I can't tell.

Packed with hungry food-loving customers.

Take a look at this 'creature' in the water.
Its quite blur because the water was bubbling here and there.
Try to guess what is it? Hint: Turned out to be the best dish on the dining table. =)




AND HERE I PRESENT TO YOU THE PICTURES OF THE FOOD THAT WILL MAKE YOU DROOL NON-STOP! (as promised in the previous posts)


READY??

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|


1st dish to arrive : Kuah-less (Sauce-less) Satay. Cool or not you say. No sauce lehh.
Within 2 minutes I ate 4 already. *evil*
Very the nice, the satays were already coated with spicy sweet sauce.
CK's rating : 9/10


2nd dish : Belacan Kang-kung.
This is a common dish in every other restaurant, but NOT this one.
The belacan is this restaurant ada special sikit, lebih wangi =)
CK's rating : 7.5/10

3rd dish : 'Kam Heong La-La'
Fuhh..this is the best 'Kam Heong La-La' I've ever tasted.
Very the 'heong'. Very the 'Kam'. After eating you simply go singing la-la-la... *laughs*
CK's rating : 8.8/10

4th dish : Sweet Spicy Crabs. (I forgot the actual name, its sweet, its spicy, so yeah.)
Although there were only 2 crabs and they were small, it was enough for 5 of us.
The crabs were very fresh. Thumbs up.
CK's rating : 8.8/10


5th dish : Steamed Fish
This pic was taken late and all bones left.
I nearly forgotten about it because I'm all into the crabs and the 'la-la' =P
Fish was fresh. Well steamed. Simply yummy.
CK's rating : 8.2/10


Final dish and the best dish among all : (I don't know the English name for it)
It was so big that it was enough for 5 of us.
The meat was unbelievably fresh and succulent. It was steamed perfectly.
Yeah, just the perfect dish to end the course.
CK's rating : 9.5/10

Naked, revealing the fresh succulent flesh.
Oh god, killing dish. *drools*

Empty dishes with nothing left.
Kering-kontang.

*Thumbs up*
=P




After dinner, we headed to Queensbay Mall. Mom and sis decided to do some shopping over there. Dad and I had nothing much to do, so both of us practically went walking here and there without any direction. We went to the IT shops, Harvey Norman, Jusco, Tag Hauer, Royal Selangor, and The Body Shop. Weird.

Ferrari + Shell was having promotion on their products at the same time. There was a Ferrari F1 car on display and it was simply AWESOME to be able to view it up close. And did I tell you the Shell models are also the same. AWESOME. *twisted* They are way better than those girls at the Sepang F1 grid. But, who cares, as long as I can see them at Queensbay Mall, chun-ted already =P

Here are some photos I took on the F1 cars. Again, I don't have the pics of the Shell hotties. Lalala.


Shining-ly nice. Simple as that. =)

Top view of the Ferrari F1 car from the 2nd floor. Gorgeous.

Can't resist to take a picture with the race-winning car.
The car looks nicer right? =(
*laughs*


That's not all after Queensbay. Around 10pm we left Queensbay and headed to Tesco, near E-Gate (this time I'm very sure I'm correct about the place. *blueks*) My aunty wana update her Tesco points. Nothing much to say about Tesco because I'm already verrrrrrryyyy tireeeeeeeeeeeeed, I can't walk anymore so I sat down at one place, resting. No pics were taken. My phone was resting with me. =P

Next morning we started our journey back to Taiping early in the morning because my bus to KL was at 1.30pm. So yeah, after that I was back to Cyberjaya already, and started a massively busy and disastrous week. Sobs. That I will tell more in the next post. Let's make this post all happy.

Till then.


p/s:
MMU Career Fair 2008 had just ended 2 days ago. The event went smoothly, and it was all good. I'm waiting for the photos for the event, and then I will rant about it here. I'm glad that the event is over. Back to my usual life, no more emails, no more phone calls, no more meetings, no more complaints, no more stress =) However, I missed the fun we had during the 3 days of Career Fair. Thank you to my friends that helped me out during the Career Fair 2008. I love you guys. =)

No comments: